homestead - Re: [Homestead] OT An il wind -worried mother post

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OT An il wind -worried mother post
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:46:50 -0400

On 10/9/06, SISU! <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

Thanks Lynda. I suppose I got a bit worked up last night. This military
mother thing is new to me and I haven't yet got all the coping skills down.

I don't think it's because you're a military mom, although that is
probably part of it (grin). It would seem that much of the world is in
chaos--or close to it. It's hard to not be concerned, whether or not you
have relatives in the military. Fwiw, I now have a distant cousin in Iraq,
he graduated h.s. last June and went into the Army. I suppose all of us
have family or know someone in Iraq--even if it's six degrees of separation.
Can't recall the exact skit from Sat. Night Live (and we seldom stay up that
late anymore period), but the repeated catch-phrase is "Simmer down now,"
and I wish the world would do just that.

Lisa