homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don't feed your bees on rhodies, laurels or azaleas

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don't feed your bees on rhodies, laurels or azaleas
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:02:03 -0700

NVW55V wrote:

"...the dogma now being spewed forth at government
offices."

How dramatic! May I use it?

The spewing forth of dogma. This is wonderful.

Actually the funny, although sad, part is its memorization by zombs.

When I was involved with the Master Gardeners we planted a cover crop of crimson clover as part of the landscape. Come spring, the handwringing was tremendous over what to do about the impending crop of seed that the crimson clover was about to drop, possibly reseeding the land with a "non-native". Those who had ever gardened before, or read a seed company catalog promoting the "strong ability to reseed" were just beside ourselves with laughter over the ignorant zombs. Crimson clover has been planted here for over a century, and you would be extraordinarily lucky to have some volunteer, especially on our lime-free land.

There's no doubt how their brains got to be so fried, either. One day in class an ideologue was lecturing, saying that since you never knew what a plant *might* do, it's best to plant ... only ... (and the chorus of zombs said in unison) "natives".

Bill
S. Oregon coast