homestead - Re: [Homestead] Social commentary..Catch My Disease..OT

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Social commentary..Catch My Disease..OT
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:50:04 -0500

I share some of Bev's concerns but not many because I never watch TV
any more. OTOH, once you reach a certain age -- and this started at
least with the Greeks, probably much earlier but nobody was jotting it
down -- it looks like the whole world is going to hell.

Our view that the world is going straight downhill is fed by news
stories that are engineered to make us feel exactly that way. (The
real sources of chaos -- like what do we do when the oil runs out --
never make the news.) Most of us, if we look around us, see people who
are doing okay or even better than that.

Marie