homestead - Re: [Homestead] Social commentary..Catch My Disease..OT

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Social commentary..Catch My Disease..OT
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:30:59 -0400

I didn't mean to imply politics to my use of the words liberal and
conservative. I just couldn't think of a better choice of
words...traditional and ??? Old fashioned and contemporary..no....
optimists and pessimists??? I'm sure that there are better choices of
descriptive words out there, but they elude me at present.

I think I understand what you mean. Your analogy of the neighbor
letting the kids run wild .....

Funny, I have a TIVO. I like that I can skip through the commercials
and record programs and view things that I never would be able to view
when I have time to do it.

When I have visitors, sometimes they want me to stop and play a
commercial or just play them all. My stepfather thinks I am absolutely
crazy that I'll start recording a program and then start watching 15
minutes later. That is so that I can jump through the commercials. I
can't do that in "live".

In some ways people bring it on themselves. Sit and blankly stare at
the TV and then wonder why they and their kids are the way they are.

And I guess in the area of advertising, you are right, it gets crazier
and crazier....

Rob - Va