homestead - Re: [Homestead] Social commentary..Catch My Disease..OT

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Social commentary..Catch My Disease..OT
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:26:17 -0400

Robert Walton wrote:

It seems that when these social issues come up, no one listens to
the more conservative side...they are beaten up in the press as
abusers or limiters of freedom, yet as time passes, their warnings
become reality and then the more liberal side complains about the
problem.

I wouldn't necessarily say it is a liberal/conservative issue. Large corporations fan millions of dollars in front of companies that can get our attention, hook us and reel us in. Corporate greed issue
might explain it better. No matter what the issue is, it is truly disgusting.

I didn't mean to imply politics to my use of the words liberal and
conservative. I just couldn't think of a better choice of
words...traditional and ??? Old fashioned and contemporary..no....
optimists and pessimists??? I'm sure that there are better choices of
descriptive words out there, but they elude me at present.

Bev
--
Bevanron in NW Georgia EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses