homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tap roots

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tap roots
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:53:32 -0500

On 8/18/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

I checked with Chris. We are up for company. Come on by. Call when
you get close or you will never find us, unless you have a GPS. Don
can corroborate this.

I'm glad to see you show some degree of prudence (i.e. checking with
Chris). If you would send me your phone number and basic location that
would help in my trip planning (yeah, I can get the coordinates off
Don's Web page, but I'm lazy). Lucky you, to have a place that's hard
to find. Mine is so easy, even though it's off the main road, that
even erstwhile friends from Chicago who have never gone beyond the
suburbs manage to show up with no problems (and the two who ended up
in Sweetwater were set straight by the natives).

I don't have a backhoe, just a skid-steer loader of the Gehl variety.
It's equipped with all kinds of safety features to protect morons. So
far, I haven't done anything that would come close to turning it over,
but I now see why the safety features are necessary: without them we'd
be losing even more male primates than we presently are.

Marie