homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tap roots

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tap roots
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:11:33 -0500

Oh well, it might be safer wiith just one male primate around and
about. Where is Chris during all this -- at a safe distance, I bet.
Female primates tend to be more prudent....

Nah, she was in the house where a woman belongs. Whee! That one missed me, but here comes another. Yikes!

She was actually out in the front yard, tearing down large grape vines and clearing more brush in the area she has reclaimed from Nature and is making into a park-like spot, mostly to open the view to the stream from the porch.

Chris is in fact more prudent than I about physically challenging things. She saw the backhoe up on the hill, slipping and gripping, and later said she was terrified. As I suppose any sane person would be.

But sane people have not nearly so much fun.