homestead - Re: [Homestead] Win Some, Lose Some

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Win Some, Lose Some
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:45:42 -0400

Lynda wrote:
Bev, have you tried something like The Scare Crow, that motion
detector that shots streams of water? I would think that it might
"shock" the dog into staying away since they usually only go where
they think no one is going to "see" them.Getting "shot" by the water
usually discourages them.

I wasn't familiar with the Scare Crow, so I just went online and found
the site. Due to the way my property is laid out, I can't figure out
how I could limit the area to a small enough point or bottleneck for
something like this to work. The only possible location that might work
would be the driveway, and since a lot of my visitors arrive by
motorcycle, 4 wheeler, or even golf cart, they are bound to get wet,
too, and since kids would like getting drenched in this heat, my well
would be dry in about 20 minutes...lol....I can see the boys running up
and down the drive setting off the sensor just to cool off..lol....My
own dogs would do the same thing as they love it when I zap them with
the water hose. I don't know if Hobo like water or not...he's a German
Shepherd.
Here's the link in the event it might help someone else. Cool
(literally) idea!
http://www.birdbgone.com/scarecrow.htm

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W