homestead - Re: [Homestead] Win Some, Lose Some

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Win Some, Lose Some
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:32:42 -0400

We finally caught up with the 'bad' neighbor. They were horrified that
Hobo had killed so many critters (including a litter of 5 kittens I did
not know about yesterday, a fawn, and chasing a mare that is blind in
one eye) and have agreed to try to keep him chained up, although she
said he keeps breaking the chain. We have heard this story
before.....will see how long it lasts this time. I sure wish I could
catch him....

Bev, preparing to can pears all day tomorrow

VATOCO6 AT aol.com wrote:

Bev,

Glad to hear about your deal on the stove, but sounds like Hobo needs
to either be tied up or sent to doggy heaven.

You remember how devastated my kids were when the 3 "bad" dogs ate
our chickens. My kids STILL want to get more chickens...not a great
idea now that we're in a subdivision, but maybe someday, when we can
move again.