homestead - Re: [Homestead] Win Some, Lose Some

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Win Some, Lose Some
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:47:58 -0400

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

Did she offer to pay for the damages? I'd think she would if her
apology is sincere. A threat of legal action might be a powerful
motivator. Either pay up or get rid of the dog. Van Dell

No, she did not offer to pay and we did not ask. I did not make any
threats, nor did any of the others whose pets/livestock were victimized.
In some ways, I feel bad for her as her SO is in jail and I know she is
working for minimum wage at the carpet mill to get by. I seriously
doubt she would be able to pay even if she was willing. I thought it
was rather telling though...as we walked up, we said, Ms. R, we have a
favor to ask of you...she said, let me guess, you want me to chain up
Hobo...(is she clairvoyant or what? <g>) to which we replied, yes, could
you? Then she sighed and asked "what's he done this time?" So they
know and aren't disputing really that he is a killer. She asked at one
point if it could be coyotes, and I told her that the tracks in my barn
were too large for coyotes and that a coyote would not just kill for the
sake of killing. She agreed.
If one more thing gets killed, however, my patience will have run out
and there is no telling what I might do....

erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W