homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vinegar (was Frankenfoods)

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vinegar (was Frankenfoods)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:22:48 -0400

sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:

Tomorrow, I'm going to start drinking pickle juice. It's
an old Southern 'trick' to staying cool and hydrated. I think the salt
in the juice helps retain water-not sure what the vinegar does...

Fairly comprehensive, except it doesn't include any nutritional information,
which is what I was looking for. And...I have my doubts about a few of these -
like #20!

First, on the uses of vinegar, I have to say that I am well aware of all the great uses for the stuff. What I meant to say is that I don't know how it really affects one as far as hydration is concerned.

2. Thirst-quenching drink: apple cider vinegar mixed with cold water.

I suppose they use apple cider vinegar just for the flavor. I like the flavor of the dill and garlic from pickle juice. It really does quench thirst.

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W