homestead - Re: [Homestead] Frankenfoods of the home grown variety..lol

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Frankenfoods of the home grown variety..lol
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:59:15 -0400, Viking wrote:

> Well San, ya got me on that one. I had to go to Dictionary.com to find
> out what an aspic was....lol...so now that I know, how about a recipe?
>
> Bev

It's pretty basic ingredient-wise, in a ring mold, over chopped or shredded
lettuce. I, usually working from the maverick version of any cookbook, would
just
chill/set it in ice-cube trays to begin with. Who wants to cut up a bunch of
gelatin? The Jello part of it bothers me a little bit, too - no sugar in my
salad, please (don't mess with my savory!). Unflavored gelatin, I say, and
spices
are the cook's choice. Speaking of ice cube trays...use the cubes in the
Bloddy
Marys, maybe.

Sandy

TOMATO ASPIC

1 (6 oz.) box lemon Jello
3 1/2 c. tomato juice
1/4 c. horseradish
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste

Heat tomato juice to boiling. Remove from heat. Dissolve lemon Jello. Add
horseradish, lemon juice and salt. Pour into mold and refrigerate until firm.

P.S. I am a confessed horseradish freak. Haven't had a sinus problem in years!

Get free email at http://www.highdesert.com