homestead - [Homestead] Gunbelts

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Gunbelts
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:07:06 -0400

After seeing the rattlesnake last week, and find a large snake track in
the barn a few days ago(it can only be a rattlesnake, I'm sure), I've
been wearing the pistol whenever I go outside. I have a tactical
holster like the one here, minus the mace carrier or whatever that is on
the leg strap:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/UncleMikes/Pro-3TacticalHolsters.asp

but I don't have a good belt. For the longest time-years, I have
grabbed one of Ron's belts and just strapped on the gun, but today, I
could have shot myself when I bent over and the belt came off, fell to
the ground, and in trying to catch it, the gun came out of the holster
and hit the ground butt end first, meaning that the pointy end was
aiming back up at my head and body. Luckily, I had it on safety. So, I
have made the decision to buy a dedicated belt for the holster, one that
can be used with my sweats as well as with jeans.
If you go to this page,

http://www.gunaccessories.com/UncleMikes/Duty_HolsterBelts.asp

you can see a variety of belts, and I am now confused as to what to get.
I'd rather have a 1.5" belt than a 2" belt, which reduces the choices
somewhat. I have no idea of what that "loop back inner duty belt" is
all about, so if someone could explain this loop back thing...
I am also not sure what this "inner" means on the duty belts
either..does that mean that you can wear them under your clothes? I
don't need that.
I like the adjustability of the velcro closure as my weight fluctuates
throughout the year and I think it will be easier to strap on the gun
when I am wearing sweats. I just don't see much difference in function
of the "ultra inner duty belt" and the "deluxe inner duty belt"
I am hoping someone can help me make the right choice....

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W