homestead - Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts

  • From: The Studebakers <thestudebakers AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Random thoughts
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:02:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I do not post often, because I am not a practicing homesteader. I sit
reading these emails, daily, learning, usually smiling. Thank you to those
who post.

My husband has made his way to GA, while the girls and I are here, waiting
for the house to sell. Dreaming.

I confess to being a fence rider, and feel torn and envious of those who
aren't (Bev, et al) Perhaps (LOL) I have an unrealistic dream of being some
southern belle that works the farm, sweats, doesn't wear make- up, and then
cleans the house like Martha Stewart, homeschools, and throws on a dress for
a night of entertaining.

You guys are my wake up call. I must admit fear is starting to creep in, can
I really give up these comforts to simplify and make this change for our
family? Well, it's too late to turn back now!

My latest book acquisitions are: Raising Rabbits the Modern Way, Raising
Poultry the Modern Way, and The Hive and the Honey Bee. Reading it in books
is fine. Soon, it will be time to close the books and get to work. I will
not be lurking so much, I am sure. I will be bombarding you with questions
and begging for information ;)

Bev, I am so happy for you... that you have your fathers box. Material items
cannot replace a person, but the memories and comfort they can bring you are
priceless.

Amy