homestead - Re: [Homestead] Artificial blood...OT

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Artificial blood...OT
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:27:27 -0500

On 7/10/06, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
The doctor running the trials was on Dateline or 20/20 or one of those look
alike shows. Very deadpan about the whole thing, like, big sigh, people are
just to stupid to be trusted with this information, only us scientist know
what is going on because only we are smart enough to understand it.

By the time something reaches this level of trial it's been tested in
primates and humans; they just need more humans before they release it
for general use.

It's not like human blood -- which when you need it you NEED it -- is
always available and safe (donations are down and even with HIV and
hepatitis testing, you might get a contaminated unit).

Up until I couldn't, I donated as soon as soon as I was able (and I
often got a call if I delayed). Right now I'm taking too many drugs
for hypertension to be acceptable, but I'm working on correcting that
problem. I hope those of you who don't care to be guinea pigs for
artificial blood are giving your own if you can.

Marie