homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rattlesnake encounter

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rattlesnake encounter
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 10:08:52 -0500

On 7/2/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:
Depends on the cats. Some would let a mouse build a nest on their
head. Others stalk anything that moves. When I raise a kitten I tease
with freshly trapped mice, then give them to them. Some become great
mousers.

Okay fine. But most of my cats are serious predators.There was day when
showing off my milk parlor to another goat lady that the cats had dragged in
dead bunny and rat parts and put them on the milk stands for our
edification. They know how to kill (and eat the better parts) of rats and
rabbits. Perhaps there is a limit to kitty edification. I've been thinking
of getting a terrier who might be more dedicated to the job, but I need
another dog like I need a third eye in the middle of my forehead.

Marie