homestead - Re: [Homestead] Blackberry season

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Blackberry season
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:15:57 -0400

Rob wrote:

The Seattle PI did a poll a few days ago, "How often do you cook dinner at home?"

33.4% Every night 44.7% At least 3 times every week 12.8% Once or twice a week 9.1% Cook? What's that?

Wow.
Over half only cook half the time. I knew people ate out, but I didn't
think it was that 'bad' on the cooking at home front.
There have been years where we only went out to eat ONCE. No pizza
delivery here, either.
I cook MOST of the time. Since last year, Ron has been taking me out
more. I might go out once a month on average, but ironically, I've been
out to dinner twice this week, and I can't even remember the last time
that has happened. Our dinners out range from Waffle House to Red
Lobster in price range, and usually it is someplace more like the local
Mexican joint where we can fill the tanks for under $15. A $35-40 meal
out, like at Red Lobster, is a real treat, like for an anniversary or
something, but I know folks who spend that much several times a week on
dinner out.

I can't imagine not cooking... I'm going to try baking beans on the Weber today when I make pulled pork & have to get started on the bread for the rolls right now.

I'm with ya there...I can't imagine life without cooking either, not
that I enjoy it that much, it's kind of like laundry...it's necessary,
but I do like experimenting with new recipes as that takes the monotony
out of it all.

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W