homestead - Re: [Homestead] Of dogs and men

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Of dogs and men
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:56:38 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Dax and Benny both turned ten last month. Benny still bounces, though
not as high. Dax is weakening physically but retains the heart of a
lion. They run not as fast as once; a week-old fawn outran them last
week. But it was close.

:) I spooked two fawns yesterday when I was out scoping trees on the
creekline.. I don't know who scared who the most...I heard a rustle and
froze.....lol...

Heartwood is 130 acres. We bought back the three acres we sold to a young couple who wanted to build their dream. They built an A-frame and garden but went busted after three years and moved back to
Florida.

Sorry to hear that.

We seek someone to live in the A-frame so the dogs and tools are safe
when we are away. I have reached the biblical and Shakespearean
three score and ten and while I am currently in good physical
condition it would seem from a study of our species that the day will
surely arrive when a bit of help may be useful.

Wow, Gene, you are getting Bumpy...LOL.... ;)
I know it's been 5 years since I was there, but you seemed in pretty
good shape to me. I think you might become Ent Gene. <g>

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W