homestead - Re: [Homestead] Biodiesel and Ethenol

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Biodiesel and Ethenol
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:31:21 -0500

On 6/11/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

>[somebody else wrote] There ARE no alternatives to petrol-fuels.

Perhaps not with current transportation habits. Those habits will be
forced to change. Not enough pain yet.

I'm sure that transportation habits where I live will change. Before
$3 gas there were already plenty of people carpooling or using
mini-buses run by entrepeneurs in the small towns around Springfield
(which offers most of the good jobs with good benefits jobs in the
area, courtesy of state government -- plenty of farmers and small
businessmen send their wives to town to work so that the family has
insurance). Right now I drive solo because I flex my hours a lot.
However, come fall when I'm not trying to garden I'll likely look for
a rider, especially if the price of gas keeps going up.

Marie