homestead - Re: [Homestead] Biodiesel and Ethenol

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Biodiesel and Ethenol
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:11:22 -0700

At 6/11/2006 09:49 AM,Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
In a message dated 6/11/2006 7:41:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

> Perhaps not with current transportation habits. Those habits will be
> forced to change. Not enough pain yet.

Yes. Yes. That's exactly the point. Most of the talk one hears is about
what alternatives we are going to use to replace increasingly expensive
petroleum. What is needed is more talk on what lifestyle changes are needed, are
inevitable, to drastically reduce energy consumption.

Change is the hard part (and expensive) unless it's gradual but changes are coming. With the increased demand (world wide) on energy the cost will continue to rise. People being people they (me) will continue to use as much energy as needed as long as I can afford it.
I see no reason to 'force' the change that will happen by itself.

I'm not a fan of change but roll with it, the last few month have been nothing but change for me.

Technology is an option but it's nothing you can bank on, it is something you can hope for. Of course you have to remember to be careful about what you wish for....

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA