homestead - Re: [Homestead] Too bad, so sad ~

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Too bad, so sad ~
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:56:29 -0400

I've been on this list (or the list before this one) on and off for a little
over ten years. Wow. Does time fly. There has been a lot of people come
and gone in that time. Some have been real characters. I used to get
involved with the bickering and bantering, mostly during the Y2k scare or
over technical issues, some religious topics or some other pet concern. No
matter what some of us get bent out of shape over, we will always pause to
help those with real homesteading questions or any other problem they need a
serious brain-storming over. There is a wealth of information here. Just
ask.

Wendy

Hi, Ray here...

To bad you feel that way. I have been on list for almost 4 years now,
and yep, there can be a lot of vitriol spewed about. however, there has
also been enough useful (to me) information to warrant staying on.
Generally, I lurk, and listen. Things I don't find useful, or disagree
with, I delete. Sometimes, I respond to comments made by the somewhat
idealistic, or perhaps just ignorant, participants on the list. The name
calling you refer to recently was actually rather tame, compared to some
past repartee flying back and forth. Even things I disagree with,
however, have helped me establish the why's and wherefore's of my own
beliefs, as I examine why I disagree with a viewpoint that is expressed.
Even though it is at times harsh, it is still of use.

But, you of course are free to do as you wish. Join many who run away
when things are not as they would like, or face it, participate, and
perhaps make changes. Whichever you choose, go with God.

Ray