homestead - Re: [Homestead] Too bad, so sad ~

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Too bad, so sad ~
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:41:32 -0400

Hi, Ray here...

To bad you feel that way. I have been on list for almost 4 years now, and
yep, there can be a lot of vitriol spewed about. however, there has also
been enough useful (to me) information to warrant staying on. Generally, I
lurk, and listen. Things I don't find useful, or disagree with, I delete.
Sometimes, I respond to comments made by the somewhat idealistic, or perhaps
just ignorant, participants on the list. The name calling you refer to
recently was actually rather tame, compared to some past repartee flying back
and forth. Even things I disagree with, however, have helped me establish
the why's and wherefore's of my own beliefs, as I examine why I disagree with
a viewpoint that is expressed. Even though it is at times harsh, it is
still of use.

But, you of course are free to do as you wish. Join many who run away when
things are not as they would like, or face it, participate, and perhaps make
changes. Whichever you choose, go with God.

Ray