homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool tip

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool tip
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:45:27 -0800

At 1/17/2006, you wrote:
The next thing I need is a "Drill Doctor" to sharpen the good bits as
they get used up.

I have a Drill Doctor in storage. I used to buy bundles of what looked to be HSS bits at garage sales then pass them through the DD. It does a great job in sharpening and restoring bits. It has been a while since I have seen any drill bits at garage sales.

At one time there were several large aerospace companies in San Diego. As machinists retired then died their stuff would show up in some great garage sales. Most of the companies have shut down to scatter into other Congressional districts and Asia so you no longer see those really great garage sales.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal