homestead - Re: [Homestead] Off to my place

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Off to my place
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:18:39 -0500

Nice mix of pups. What do you do with the Chihuahua? Tuck him in your
armpit?

Chihuahua likes to sleep in the small of my knee at night, which makes for interesting when I move into a more fetal position :>)

I have two border collies and an Anatolian LGD. And numerous cats.
On really cold nights I can tuck in a BC and any number of cats.
Unfortunately, the BCs, who are sisters, want to kill each other. I keep
telling them that if they got a grip we could *all* be warm at night. They
keep telling me they'd rather die. The Anatolian can't sleep in the house.
His idea of a cozy winter bed is on top of a snow-covered woodchip pile. His
undercoat is probably 3 inches thick -- which makes him the only one amongst
us praying for subzero temps.

I like the idea of a Border Collie in the future, had one as a kid, good farm dog. My other two dogs have (in Florida) never seen under 40 degrees, so I imagine that some undercoat growing will happen here soon, but not enough to sleep on the woodpile :>)

Rob