homestead - [Homestead] New Math, was The Deficit Threat

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] New Math, was The Deficit Threat
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:12:13 -0700

Bill, why don't you worry a little bit more about Oregon and things like
being the only state in the union that says live sex acts are o.k. right
next to a school and worry a little less about what California may or may
not have done.

And, where did you get your figures on Social Security admin costs?

In 2004, the admin expenses (as a % of the total expenditures) for OASI --
.6%, for DI -- 2.7%, for HI -- 1.8% and for SMI -- 2.1%.

And those would be the figures from the Trustees report, not some imaginary
number I pulled out of math challenged thought bubble.
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/TRSUM/trsummary.html

Now, if you somehow total that to 50% then I can see why you aren't teaching
math any longer!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>