homestead - Re: [Homestead] (no subject)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:19:07 -0500

> >FWIW I think we'd be a lot easier to 'manage' without that pesky
> >"Bill of Rights" the Founding Fathers attached to the Constitution...
>
> . . . and without the right to bear arms. And especially without
> the right
> to vote unless we owned a plantation.

I'm dense Gene, I don't see the connection between those two at all. Please
enlighten me, whether your intent was satirical or sarcastic or serious.

Serious. If citizens did not have arms or votes, politicians would have no fear of the common man. They only fear power. The power of the vote is supreme. Notice how it is being manipulated; think Florida and Ohio.