homestead - [Homestead] (no subject)

  • From: Juliana Dutra <kila01 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 12:24:11 -0700 (PDT)

>>Hahaha! It's refreshing to run into someone who is
openly for genetic engineering, big corporations and
government control.

Huh ?

Now where did you get THAT from me agreeing with Bill
on putting country above party ?

For the record I am against genetic engineering, i.e.
changing DNA genes of plants, animals and people. It
is way more dangerous than most people imagine!

Plant Tissue Culture, though, is pretty harmless. I
did some Tissue Culture of heirloom tomatoes and
orchids.
It is precisely as dangerous as using rooting hormone
on your cuttings.. All you use is rooting hormone,
sugar, plant food and a specific kind of Algae (Agar)!

As for big corporations I am not pro or against them,
it depends on the company. I just don't think we
should give a blank check to all the big business, as
they, just like people, tend to love living at the
Federal Govt's expense. Make them work for their
profits!

Government Control ? No on religion, privacy,
political orientation... Yes on regulations that
protect our environment and our commerce. But going
overboard like the Native Plants fanatics is not my
cup of tea.