homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wendell Berry article in Orion mag

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wendell Berry article in Orion mag
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:32:46 -0500

I'm afraid that when the feces hits the fan and everyone needs locally
grown food (because the stuff imported from California will be wilted and
way too expensive to buy), the number of local truck farmers will be way too low to supply demand.

Lots of truth in lots of things people have said, are saying, and will say about the energy situation. Most is hyperbole. Seems to me oil depletion will happen gradually, man will adapt, there will be no EOTWAWKI. Rising prices have many effects. Many are improvements on the old system.