homestead - RE: [Homestead] Housing bubble

  • From: "Clint Novak" <cnovak AT cns.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Housing bubble
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:22:24 -0500

Say Gene, could you go over some of the particulars about how to save
getting taxed on the sale of property. My wife recently inherited a lot
in Illinois worth about $40,000. We would like to take that money and
invest in property on a creek/river in Missouri. We've been down there
several times but have not yet found the right property and the odds are
we will either sell the lot or find Missouri property at much different
times. I've looked into the 1031 option and, at least to my eyes it
would be difficult to synchronize everything. We've looked at property
along Bryant Creek and the Jacks Fork, but most of the acreage is 90+
and the price is fairly high. We're looking for 20-40 acres on
water(even a little) and private but not necessarily secluded. I talked
to Charlie Unkie, nice guy, but his staff has yet to find us anything.
Any thoughts on how to legally keep as much as possible of our sale
would be appreciated. If you already went over it I apologize, I'm 1300
messages behind and pretty much have to skim topics when I can.

Thanks

Clint