homestead - Re: [Homestead] Housing bubble

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Housing bubble
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 06:18:14 -0700

Their success is inspiring a new generation of prospective sales agents, although the likelihood is high that many of them will not earn a decent living at it.

A career in real estate can be as good as a career in any other field. It is easy to get into. Hordes of new licensees each year have the effect of lowering the bar of professionalism. A high percentage of new licensees will drop out at the time continuing education requirements and a new year's worth of dues and membership fees creates a reality check.

The public is ill served by current standards. If I were Real Estate Czar, brokers would be held to much higher standards. Many brokers will accept new licensees who have minimal qualifications. Such brokers provide little or no training and insufficient oversight. The public suffers the results. The professional agents suffer the results, too, from shoddy service by those who focus only on the income.

Did I mention that I am winding down? I intend to be retired from the business world by the end of September and back to my beloved Heartwood in time for the October color show.