homestead - Re: [Homestead] Using bad numbers to sell SS privatization

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Using bad numbers to sell SS privatization
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:31:45 -0800

O.K., where do they get these numbers. If you look at the census figures
and projected figures, births are 3/2 over deaths. Now, all those births
can't go onto welfare, so the majority have to be entering the work force.
And if you look at the projected death rates, and using the 2042 figure,
death rates will begin to increase from 8.6 deaths per every 14.4 births to
9.8 deaths per every 14 births.

You also have to figure in current trends and immigrant populations: "In
the US, adults say on average that ideal family size is 2.6 children; those
wanting children at all want an average of just under 3.0; and younger
Americans want an average of almost 0.5 children more than the previous
generation had.

Immigrants from third world to first world countries typically plan to have
at least two more children on average than non-immigrants, and significantly
more than the countrymen they left behind." (from Gallup International
polls)

Lift the cap. Set up the guest worker visas and tax the now illegal
immigrants. IF they become citizens they can collect, if they don't, oh
well.

Lynda