homestead - Re: [Homestead] Using bad numbers to sell SS privatization

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Using bad numbers to sell SS privatization
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:13:37 -0700

I wonder if they are factoring in inflation and rising cost of living? Or
do they mean that the poor schmucks in 2079 will be living on 68% of what a recipient now receives?

It is my understanding that the trustees take all economic factors into account including demographics, inflation, cost of living, wages, etc. The full report is at the Social Security Administration web site.