homestead - Re: [Homestead] Air quality map

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Air quality map
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:01:55 -0800

One does wonder where some of these folks get their info and who's paying
them. Take for instance the Lung Association which doesn't list anything
Texas as being polluted. Go figure
http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=50752#graph3

I like Scorecard better than the rest because they are real specific.
However, they are kind of behind on some counties http://www.scorecard.org/
Just plug in your zip code and it will tell you who the major polluters are
in your area, carbon monoxide, sulfur, etc. Plus you can do comparisons
with all the other counties in your state and in the U.S.

Lynda