homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken soup pizza

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken soup pizza
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:58:02 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I, too, put ginger in the soup. I peel it and then mince it with the cleaver. Ginger is often so stringy that it does not grate well.

You've got that right. The brain meant 'diced' but typed 'grated'. We try all kinds of things, some times we add a curry mixture (the kind that comes in a jar) instead of ginger. You just never do know what kind of chicken soup you're going to end up with--especially since we don't follow a recipe.