homestead - Re: [Homestead] Photos, finally, I think

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Photos, finally, I think
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:30:58 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman statesman, scholar, orator

We have this quote on a large magnet on our fridge. Thankfully we have both, so we remind ourselves that our needs are met. I think a modern version of the quote should read "If you have a garden, a library and access to a Goodwill and a home supply store, you will have everything you need." [Perhaps as much as 75% of our clothes come from Goodwill, a never ending supply of recycled clothing. If you live in or near a university town, the selection is even better.]

The other quotation magnet on our fridge: "He who follows his own path needs no map." -- Queen Christina of Sweden (1632-1654), 1626-1689.