homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 08:45:58 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2005 7:25:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

> >You seem to think that the very last geezer is going to get their full
> >measure of SS right up until the US goes bankrupt.
>
> Please do not put words into my mouth. I have offered my views. You are
> welcome to disagree.

Not this time, Gene. I only said "seem to say" out of decorum. That's what
you've repeatedly said. To wit: Whenever anyone points out that the "trust
fund" had no money in it, you follow with the saw that it doesn't matter if
there's no money in it, the money is de facto there until the US goes
bankrupt.

The 'trust fund' is an IOU the government has written to itself. It can
resolve it, if it chooses, by crumpling it up and throwing it away ...
exactly as
you could do if you found an IOU in your pocket written by yourself to
yourself. A change in political climate might produce just those results.

James