homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:45:22 EST

> Well, color me with low IQ. My view is that the SS fund excess is invested
> in government securities, the most dependably reliable investment in the
> world.

For anyone else to say they have a trust fund, they would have to have actual
money in some instrument NOW. Try setting up a trust fund based on money you
think you might be able to come by in the future. For everyone except the
Feds, that constitutes fraud.

If the U.S. government goes bankrupt, all bets are off except your
> garden and woodlot.

You seem to think that the very last geezer is going to get their full
measure of SS right up until the US goes bankrupt. That is, the Grey Power
lobby is
so powerful that legislators will fund SS fully with the last dime in the
treasury because they are afraid they won't be re-elected otherwise. SS of
bankruptcy. But those are not the only alternatives.

The political climate changes on a whim. It would take very little PR for
the notion of sweet little old retired peopel to change into a view of a
greedy
gimme generation. That's when all bets are off.

James