homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:23:21 -0700

At 06:45 PM 2/4/05 EST, James wrote:
>The political climate changes on a whim. It would take very little PR for
>the notion of sweet little old retired peopel to change into a view of a
greedy
>gimme generation. That's when all bets are off.

YES! That is *exactly* what I meant when I said,

"All it takes is for the government to begin by changing attitudes and
beliefs starting with children in the public school system. Then they
create a situation to rationalize the new policies to make the new
attitudes seem logical to the citizens at large."

I love your explanation, James. It is the difference between "telling"
(what I did) and "showing" (what you did).

Best wishes,
Melody