homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:10:38 -0700

Yet the same sort of low IQ who now thinks that SS funds are stashed away somewhere in a trust fund . . . .

Well, color me with low IQ. My view is that the SS fund excess is invested in government securities, the most dependably reliable investment in the world. If the U.S. government goes bankrupt, all bets are off except your garden and woodlot. The paper proving the investment is in a file cabinet. Now, there's an opening for you: is the file cabinet paper backed up with copies elsewhere?; is the room fireproof?; is it earthquake proof?

Three percent for certain and with very low administrative costs is a sound retirement investment. The only thing I don't like about the system is that I am double taxed.