homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ho Hum, More War and Death

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ho Hum, More War and Death
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:01:39 -0700

At 10:20 AM 1/19/05 -0800, you wrote:
<snip>
and no one anywhere really
>knows why we're at war anymore. No one.
>
>We haven't helped Iraq. We haven't furthered "the march of peace." We have
done
>nothing to improve the conditions of the region by cramming Bush's snide
version
>of Christian democracy down their throats. Saddam was indeed a murderous
thug.
>And guess what? We knew it all along, even when he was our ally, even when he
>used the poison gas we sold to him to kill all those pesky Kurds with our
>implicit blessing. Remember that nice shot of Donny "Black Eyes" Rumsfeld
shaking
>hands with Saddam? Exactly.

And we are sending over more military as we speak. Two men from my small
church group are getting sent over this month.

I want to know why. Why is a man who has five children and a wife to care
for being sent to hell to possibly never return?

Bush's reason of WMD never panned out. That was the excuse. What is it
now? "To give Iraqi's democracy and freedom". I have sent multitudes of
posts showing what nonsense *that* is. Allusions of greatness and heroism
are painted for all the military and anyone else who needs warms fuzzies to
cover up the stench all of the blood, violence, and death. Tales of the
Great US and UN uniting and saving wretched souls from death and torture
from a tyrant, offering to the Iraqis a liberating form of democracy and
freedom.

It is time to pop the shrunken balloons and throw away the wilted flowers.
It is time to quit celebrating what never was. It is time to quit looking
for the silver-lining of this black and ominous cloud and realize that it
was all lies.

How many terrorist attacks were there? One?...four years ago. And how
much hogwash from Homeland Security and Bush have we heard about needing to
trade in our personal freedom for security for the masses, though of course
not that bluntly. Never that bluntly. People need to be scared into
believing that we are are in an orange time, quite possibly to turn red any
moment to make them believe that terror is happening every day in the US.
It is nonsense. It is a great smoke-screen.

It is all an allusion. It isn't real. It is a made-up tale up right up
there with Don Quixote. The effects of fighting the windmills are there,
other nations shaking their heads at our insanity, but the WMD, the colors
of warnings, the freedom we are giving Iraq, all of it is part of a fairy
tale. It is time to quit playing the role of Sancho Panza.

Best wishes,
Melody