homestead - Re: [Homestead] First government break in Pope's birth control dike

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] First government break in Pope's birth control dike
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:39:47 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:27:47 -0500, tvoivozhd wrote:

> Catholic women of course have been ignoring the raving, irrational clot
> for decades----Italian birth rate 1.5, well below replacement
> level---but a Catholic government in a Catholic country telling the Pope
> to go to hell in the birth-control business is wholly without precedent.
And I wish this had gained momentum long before. It might have saved my
parents'
marriage. She, devout Catholic - a loving wife and mother, but - rhythm
method!
He, the seventh of 13 Mormon children raised by a widowed mother. There were
other factors, too, but I've always believed that if their 'intimate' life had
been more satisfying (and normal) that married life as a whole would have
endured.
Sandy