homestead - Re: [Homestead] --unnecessary risks, Keith's $10,000 elevator

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] --unnecessary risks, Keith's $10,000 elevator
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:08:24 -0500

tvoivozhd----I knew it, I knew it! Forget about a $10,000 elevator---a simple, cheap Rat Heaver is the way to go---even though it will be really tough to find a barrel with sufficient girth to heave him in. Very good solution for those of you with delicate sensibilities who don't like to touch big rats.

The only other affordable possibility is to use an ancient farm wagon haybale-elevator like Boeing used to lift airplane seats up into a fuselage for installing. We could run him through a used haybaler to make sure he doesn't bulge beyond a haybale elavator's dimensioal limitations.

:http://www.mrotoday.com/mro/archives/exclusives/BoeingSeatLoader.htm