homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stairs solution,

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stairs solution,
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:24:31 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

I think a ships ladder, or alternating tread stairway
at the right angle may give the results Gene was talking about (Ability to
pull w/ arms and shoulders) without some of the discomforts without taking all the space of a regular staircase.

Another good idea, especially in limited space as ships ladders have a small footprint. A bit industrial looking. Probably low price. Like spirals, would need getting used to, especially the backwards descent.

tvoivozhd---I don't know about the spiral staircase bit---as we all know, Gene has a badly twisted mind---the spiral staircase could make it worse. I think our humanitarian help should include getting an old circus-performer-shooting cannon from the defunct Sells-Floto circus---shoot Gene into a monster (sic) butterfly net on the second floor, bring him down on a kids slide he will probably filch from a municipal park.