homestead - Re: [Homestead] Taking stupid and unnecessary risks

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Taking stupid and unnecessary risks
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:24:57 -0700

keith bellinger wrote:
A cheaper elevator? Similar to a dumb-waiter perhaps?

tvoivozhd---na-a-ah, an appropriately-sized Rat Heaver.

Don't mind him, Keith. If you think that mad cow disease makes the brain like swiss cheese, you should see what decades of vile poteen do. Explains lots of things, doesn't it?

I like the idea of the homestead elevator. Think of the many applications: moving people, animal feed, firewood, etc. to upper levels. It occurs that while commercial elevator companies are forced to have super-high safety standards, we homesteaders used to living on the edge might very well be able to devise something at a fraction of the cost. Too bad his brain is largely wasted away; with his engineering solution to everything, he would in years past seized on this opportunity to lift mankind.