homestead - Re: [Homestead] Iraqi Constitution

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Iraqi Constitution
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:11:31 -0700

At 02:55 PM 1/11/05 -0700, you wrote:

>>So even though, and I am with you, this temporary constitution is not valid
>>inasmuch as it was written *for* the Iraqis and not *by* the Iraqis, it is
>>still seen as valid by the interim officials, the UN, and the US, and I
>>believe it will gum up the works as the elected leaders attempt to write
>>the final constitution and dismantle the way the administration is
>>currently ran.
>
>Do you think that Bush and company made all this effort for altruistic
reasons?

Absolutely not! I thought I have made my position clear. I think that the
temporary Iraq constitution that was set up was done so to intentionally
hinder the Iraqis from going back to any semblance of government that they
are accustomed to. I believe that everything that is in that constitution
was *very* intentional, to benefit the defeating country, namely the US. I
believe that it will not only benefit the US and the Bush administration's
goals, but also help the UN and their goals, whatever they may be.

Best wishes,
Melody