homestead - Re: [Homestead] Iraqi Constitution

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Iraqi Constitution
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:31:43 -0700

Iraqi Constitution: Signed amid Bang of Blasts

Constitution signed but outlook bleak

The misuse of the word constitution here is an example of currently evolved low journalistic standards where one writer accepts the usage of another writer without verification. Also, it is an example that no matter how many times repeated, a mistake remains a mistake. It is understandable that the misconception prevails. Bush and his people have made a science of repeating lies until they become national colloquialisms, to the point of having conditioned the public. Shame on us.

I offer this observation not to be the source of discomfort in the nether region but because it is important that we hold strong voices to strong standards lest we lose access to the truth.