homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rethinking DDT--or should we?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rethinking DDT--or should we?
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 14:33:01 -0700

If Gaia's going to create a balance,
I'd hope she'd choose to torture and wipe out the
guilty rather than the poor and powerless.

That would require a less intelligent Gaia. In nature, it is the weak that die first, which is how species stay strong. We humans tip the natural balance by protecting our weak using the resources of our strong. Outside our species we rarely discriminate, even amongst groups of species.