homestead - Re: [Homestead] Personal Account disinformation

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Personal Account disinformation
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:32:12 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

tvoivozhd---The Bush proposal is NOT personal investment in a cheaply managed index fund----it envisions each individual account be managed (as an individual account) by a stock broker---20% being siphoned off annually as broker administrative cost.

The reason I have now posted seven or eight articles on the subject, both pro and con, is because I believe we need to be as fully informed as possible before the fun begins at the D.C. Whorehouse level. This so we can send well-articulated missives to our representatives expressing our desires. I have yet to see the Bush proposal. If you have knowledge of where one can read it, please post the url.

tvoivozhd---here are a few. One thing of which you may be absolutely certain however is that a Bush proposal will NEVER , NEVER include the hoi polloi joining the fine Federal Employees U.S Thrift Savings Plan---you would have hundreds of superbribers fighting each other to get to his jugular vein first. What Bush wants to do is sleaze out of paying (taxes my Dear Watson}---more Borrow and Spend, and dump the load on our children, grandchildren and great-great grandchildren.

http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/issuebriefs_ib145

http://www.tcf.org/Publications/RetirementSecurity/individualaccountsproposal.pdf

http://www.yuricareport.com/Social%20Security/VastBorrowingNecessaryToAlterSocialSec.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-12-16-ss-accounts-inside_x.htm