homestead - Re: [Homestead] Personal Account disinformation

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Personal Account disinformation
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:50:56 -0700

tvoivozhd---The Bush proposal is NOT personal investment in a cheaply managed index fund----it envisions each individual account be managed (as an individual account) by a stock broker---20% being siphoned off annually as broker administrative cost.

The reason I have now posted seven or eight articles on the subject, both pro and con, is because I believe we need to be as fully informed as possible before the fun begins at the D.C. Whorehouse level. This so we can send well-articulated missives to our representatives expressing our desires. I have yet to see the Bush proposal. If you have knowledge of where one can read it, please post the url.