homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shop Your Politics (was In-and-Out...Burglar)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shop Your Politics (was In-and-Out...Burglar)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:16:48 -0700

*Please note that the Center did not author the email and has no relationship to its author.*

I esteem the Internet for its democratizing ability to share and distribute information quickly and widely. As was true before the Internet, there are writers who lack moral integrity. Even more so than before the Net, all information sources must always be verified and in the case of blogs, interest groups and maverick journalists, an extra layer of skepticism is appropriate. It behooves all of us to expect fakers, imposters, proselytizers, and hucksters from all walks of life to prey upon our trustfulness.

As we have done from time to time on this homestead list, once writers have identified themselves as useless sources, it is appropriate to simply shun them, to trash their posts as quickly as we trash spam mail.